On Sunday, Infosys announced the appointment of Salil S Parekh as the new CEO (Chief Executive Officer) and MD ( Managing Director) of the company. The new CEO and MD of Infosys is appointed for 5 years and will take over the position from 2nd January 2018. Before he joins the office, you need to know some facts about Salil Parekh here.
Confirming his appointment, here is what Nandan Nilekani, the chairman of Infosys said,
The Board believes that he is the right person to lead Infosys at this transformative time in our industry. The Board is also grateful to Pravin for his leadership during this period of transition.
Here are some facts about Salil Parekh, the new CEO and MD of Infosys.
1. Salil Parekh was earlier associated with Capgemini for 25 years most recently as a member of the group executive board.
2. He was also the company’s Chairman of the North America Executive Council.
3. He was responsible for overseeing a business cluster comprising Application Services and Cloud Infrastructure Services among others in Capgemini.
4. It is believed that Mr. Parekh has a powerful track record of executing business turnarounds and managing very successful and deep acquisitions.
5. Following Mr. Parekh’s appointment, Mr. Rao will step down as the interim CEO and managing director. He will continue working as a chief operating officer and a whole-time director of the company.
6. Salil Parekh has completed Master of Engineering degrees in Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering from Cornell University.
7. Besides this, Mr. Parekh also holds a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.