Nawazuddin Siddiqui is one among those phenomenal stars in the industry who started earning fame and name in the industry after years of hard work and dedication. He is undoubtedly one of the best stars of Bollywood who is serving us for many years. He entered the big leagues in Gangs of Wasseypur and proved his acting talent in front of the world.
As the actor celebrates his birthday today, here we brought some of the unknown facts about the actor.
1. Nawazuddin was born in a small town of Budhana, Muzaffarnagar, U.P. He is born to a farmer and has nine siblings.
2. He was born in a place where there were no theaters within the boundaries. The nearest theatre to Nawaz was somewhere around 45 kilometers away.
3. He was a hardworking boy! He used to wake up at 4 am to help his father on the farm before leaving for school. He completed his graduation in science.
4. After graduation, he worked as a chemist in SCME Petrochemicals in Baroda for almost 3 years. After being bored by his job of a chemist, he worked as watchman where he used to stand from 9 am to 6 pm.
5. Being thin and lean, Nawaz was not able to do his job of watchman properly and hence he was fired from the job. He not only lost his job but he was not even given his deposit back.
6. Later, he started hanging around at National School Drama where he used to serve tea to artists and crew members. He gradually started doing small roles. His first role was in Uljhan, where he was asked to play the role of a tree which included standing with his hands raised for two hours. He did this role because Manoj Bajpayee was the lead protagonist.
7. He was also starred in Pepsi’s Sachin Ala Re campaign. He was seen as a Dhobi for which he was paid Rs. 500.
8. He made his Bollywood debut with Sarfarosh in 1999 and there was no looking back for the actor. He struggled for more than 12 years before becoming famous through the movie, Gangs of Wasseypur.
Today, he is one of the phenomenal actors in the industry and was recently at Cannes Film festival.